Chinese Language ProgramNon Degree
The Chinese Language Program serves to help students to improve Chinese language skills and to acquire a better understanding of China. Timeline for a semester: (1) Spring semester: Mid-February to the end of June; (2) Fall semester: Early September to mid-January. Each semester consists of 18 weeks. The exact date changes slightly year by year. Students will receive completion certificate and transcript if meet the requirement of enrollment, examination and attendance when they finish study. Tsinghua University provides students with IC card to access university resources such as libraries, canteens, sports facilities, campus network etc.
The courses are taught by Language Center of Tsinghua university （LCTU）. 4 periods per day and 20 periods per week from Monday to Friday. In order to carefully and accurately distinguish students' Chinese proficiency, LCTU will arrange a Chinese proficiency test at the beginning of the semester. All the students are required to attend the test. There are 8 levels of courses ranging from beginner to high level. The courses of each level are shown in the following table. The number in the table is the number of periods/week, one period = 45 minutes.
C: Comprehensive S: Speaking L: Listening R: Reading W: Writing CD: Comprehensive and Discussion CEC: Compulsory Elective Courses Compulsory Elective Courses can be chosen from the following 5 courses: Business Chinese (advanced 1), Business Chinese (advanced 2), Chinese Culture, Ancient Chinese, Grammar.
Qualifications of Applicants
Foreigners, having an education background that studying in a bachelor program (has finished at least one semester/quarter), or graduated, or higher, a good moral character, age 18-55, and in good health.
Documents to be submitted
(1) ID photo. It will be used as student ID photo if you are accepted. Photo requirement is shown in the online application. Without meeting the requirement, the photo can’t be uploaded, or will be rejected, and the application can’t be finished.
(2) Highest academic diploma. Final transcript is ok if it shows the degree awarded on the transcript. If you have not graduated from undergraduate or graduate program, please submit enrollment certificate and academic transcript. The academic diploma, transcript and enrollment certificate must be formal documents from the university. All the documents must be in Chinese or English. If they are in other languages, please provide the notarial translations in Chinese or English. The passport name must be shown on all the documents. If admitted, you must submit the original documents when you come to Tsinghua University for registration.
(3) Information page of your passport page (with personal information and photo). If you are already in Mainland China, please provide your valid Visa or Residence Permit as well.
(4) If you are studying at another university in Mainland China, please submit a recommendation letter issued by the International Students Office or the school of your host university with their contact information.
1. Application fee (non-refundable): RMB400
2. Tuition fee: RMB12,600 (per semester)
3. Accidental injury and hospitalization insurance: RMB400 (per semester)