Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Long term Comprehensive Chinese Language CourseNon Degree
Course Description (A minimum number of 8 students is required to start a class, around 20 students with a similar level will study in the same class.)
(1) Comprehensive Chinese Comprehensive Chinese 1: It is designed for beginner. After learning, students can master 300-400 words, have basic communication skills (shopping, order, travel, appointment, etc.), and pass HSK1. Comprehensive Chinese 2: It is designed for learners who have mastered 300-400 words and have basic communication skills (shopping, order, travel, appointment, etc.). After learning, students can master 600-700 vocabulary, further communication skills (party, train travel, hotel stay, talk about weather, habits and health, etc.), and pass HSK level 2. Comprehensive Chinese 3: It is designed for learners who have mastered 600-700 words and have further communication skills (gathering, travelling by train, staying in hotels, talking about the weather, habits and health, etc.). After learning, students can master 900-1000 words, have complex communication skills (interview, bank business, wedding, gift giving, etc.) and pass HSK level 3. Comprehensive Chinese 4: It is designed for learners who have mastered 900-1000 words and have relatively complex communication skills (interview, bank business, wedding, gift giving, etc.). After learning English, students can master about 1500 words, have complex communication skills (description and evaluation of occupation, hobbies, characteristics of people and things, etc.) and pass HSK level 4.
1. A passport with a valid Residence Permit.
2. Aged from 18 to 55 and in good health.
3. Abide by the laws of the People’s Republic of China and observe the rules and regulations of the university.
1. A photocopy of your passport page with personal information and photo. (jpg, ≤3MB)
2. A photocopy of your valid Residence Permit.
3. A photocopy of your recent photo (jpg, 2.2x2.8cm, 300 pixels/inch, ≤10k, Bareheaded).
1. Application Fee: RMB 450 (non-refundable)
Business Chinese RMB 8,100 / semester
Comprehensive Chinese RMB 6,900 / semester
3. Insurance: RMB 800/Year (The relevant regulations by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China and the Management Regulations for International Student of SJTU require all international students with study duration over 6 months to purchase the Group Comprehensive Insurance in Mainland China.)