The Chinese University of HongKong, Shenzhen
Statistics is the discipline of the collection, analysis, and interpretation of research data to obtain information and support decision-making. Statistics has been widely used in various fields, from research in biology, social sciences, and natural sciences to applications in accounting, finance, medicine, engineering, and government decision-making.
Statistics programme in SDS aims to cultivate high-level talents who are innovative, scientific and engineering, help students understand the wide application of statistics in various fields, broaden their knowledge structure, and cultivate their ability to solve various practical problems. Students of this programme can be widely exposed to and learn problems in various fields of business, engineering, natural science and social science, so that students can master the basic theory of statistics and acquire the method skills needed to analyze and solve practical problems.
Graduates in Statistics can go to graduate school for further studies. They are also capable to work in the fields of finance, market research and quality inspection in government, banks, insurance companies, securities companies, consulting companies and enterprises, etc.
79.85% of 2021 graduates decided to pursue further study. According to 2022 QS/US.NEWS World University Rankings, 70.09% of them were admitted to top 50 universities, including The University of Chicago, Columbia University, Johns Hopkins University, University of California, Berkeley, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Imperial College London, University College London, The University of Edinburgh, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, The University of Hong Kong, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, National University of Singapore, University of Toronto, etc. 18.66% of the graduates chose to work after graduation. Mostly employed by well-known companies, including PINGAN, PwC, EY, BOC FINTECH, ICBC, China Unicom, etc.
1. High school graduate and above.
2. Non-Chinese citizens who hold a foreign passport and comply with the relevant regulations set by the “Document No. 12 (2020) of Ministry of Education of the PRC.".
3. Physically and mentally healthy.
4. Applicants under 18 years old (Per September 1st) should provide a letter of guarantee for their guardian in China (notarization required).
1. Passport: Please scan your passport ID page. If there is any additional or change of the name, please also provide the endorsement page.(bit.ly/ContohPassport) (bit.ly/ContohEndorsement)
2. Recent photo, with the following format: Recent full-faced photo (the head occupies 70% of the size of the photo); the aspect ratio is 4:3; white background without borders; the size must be between 100-500KB (*.jpg,*.jpeg). (bit.ly/Contoh_Photo)
3. Language Certificates
- For English-Taught program: IELTS with an overall score of 5.5/6.0 or TOEFL IBT 85 (subject to each university)
- For Chinese-Taught program: HSK 4-6 (level and minimum score are subject to each major and university)
4. High school diploma (for bachelor degree applicants) and Bachelor or Master diploma (for master and doctoral degree applicants), students who hasn’t graduated should provide an official statement from high school or university as a guarantee of the graduation date (Pre-Graduation Statement). (bit.ly/PreGraduationLetter) (bit.ly/PreGraduationLetter2)
5. High school transcripts (for bachelor degree applicants) and university transcripts (for master and doctoral degree applicants), page sorted from first semester to last or latest semester in one PDF file. Please contact your school to get ‘1 sheet’ kinds of transcripts. (bit.ly/ContohOnePageTranscript)
6. 2 (two) recommendation letters from your teachers in high school (for bachelor degree applicants) and two university professors (for master and doctoral degree applicants) along with letterhead, stamp from the school, and sign. Please also include the email and phone number of the recommenders.
7. Study Plan / Personal Statement, approximately 800 words (English/Mandarin) and must be signed with a clear name. You could check general personal statement points grid here (bit.ly/PoinPersonalStatement)
8. Additional requirements that apply vary from university to university, for example:
- Entrance Examination / Interview.
- Financial Statement (from Bank). (bit.ly/ContohFinancialCertificateProof)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV), you can check the sample or simply look up on google (bit.ly/Contoh_CurriculumVitae_CV)
- Certificate of Non-Criminal Record Report(SKCK) from the Local Indonesian Police. (bit.ly/ContohSKCK)
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Medical Check-up Report). (bit.ly/SayaratPengisianForm) (bit.ly/PhysicalExaminationForm)
- Documents number 4-6 above, MUST be translated into English / Mandarin by the school or a sworn translator, and need to be legalized.
- Please neatly SCAN each file in pdf format, the size must not be more than 1 MB (except the recent photo must comply with the requirements above), then upload everything into the system (www.greatwall.co.id).
1. Tuition Fee: RMB 115,000 (approximately USD $18,014).
2. Accommodation Fee: Annual accommodation fees RMB 1,200 (est USD $200). However most international students will receive a scholarship which includes accommodation.
3. Miscellaneous Study Fee: RMB 500 (est USD $80) per academic year.
4. Medical Insurance: RMB 320 (est USD $50) per academic year.
5. Textbooks: dependent on courses in addition to your study preferences, approximately RMB 1,200 (est USD $190).
6. Monthly expenses: dependent on lifestyle and preferences, approximately RMB 2,000 (est USD $315) should cover meals, power, water and entertainment.