University of Nottingham Ningbo China
MSc, International Business (Supply Chain Management)Master
It is well known that supply chain management is an integral part of modern businesses and is essential to company success and customer satisfaction. Mastering good supply chain management skills will help boost customer service, reduce operating costs, and improve financial position.
The MSc in International Business (Supply Chain Management) is a specialist masters programme, jointly delivered by the University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) and Ningbo China Institute for Supply Chain Innovation (NISCI), as part of the MIT Global Supply Chain and Logistics Excellence (SCALE) Network.
Students study in Ningbo as well as having the opportunity to spend 3 weeks at MIT in the USA. Graduates will be awarded the degree of MSc International Business (Supply Chain Management) from the University of Nottingham (UK) as well an MIT SCALE graduate certificate.
The master programme aims to provide an advanced teaching and learning programme that facilitates progressive learning towards the frontiers of knowledge in the planning and management of supply chain operations.
- The programme is jointly delivery by the University of Nottingham Ningbo China(UNNC) and Ningbo China Institute for Supply Chain Innovation (NISCI) as part of the MIT Global SCALE Network;
- Graduates will be awarded a degree of MSc International Business (Supply Chain Management)* from the University of Nottingham, UK, along with an MIT SCALE graduate certificate;
- Students would have opportunity to visit MIT USA for 3-week study with participants from all SCALE Programs (Spain, Malaysia, Luxembourg, China, Latin America and the US) to engage in seminars, workshops, competitions, and attend industry tours;
- Students will have internship opportunities at a list of cooperative enterprises, such as Geely Automobile, CIMC Vehicles, China-Base Ningbo;
- Students will benefit from the numerous database resources offered by the University of Nottingham and MIT;
- Students could choose to either write a dissertation or an applied supply chain project for the completion of the programme.
* The degree title won't show information in the bracket. It will be MSc International Business.
Students must take all modules in this group.
BUSI*** Management Science for Supply Chain Management (20 Credits) Autumn
BUSI*** Contemporary Supply Chain Management: Fundamentals and Challenges (10 Credits) Autumn
BUSI*** Supply Chain Planning and Management (20 Credits) Autumn
BUSI*** Supply Chain Finance (10 Credits) Autumn
BUSI*** Advanced Techniques for Supply Chain Management (20 Credits) Spring
BUSI4401Operations and Supply Chain and Strategy and Practice (20 Credits) Spring
Group 1: Students should take 20 credits from Group 1
BUSI*** International Symposium on Supply Chain Management (10 Credits) Spring (January in MIT, Cambridge, USA)
BUSI4381 New Product/Service Development and Management (10 Credits) Spring
BUSI4544 Managing International Business in China (10 Credits) Spring
BUSI4548 Project Management (10 Credits) Spring
BUSI*** Procurement and Purchasing (10 Credits) Spring
Group 2: Students must take 60 credits from this group
BUSI*** Supply Chain Management Dissertation (60 Credits) Summer
BUSI*** Applied Supply Chain Management Project (60 Credits) Summer
1. High school diploma and above.
2. Non-Chinese citizens who hold a foreign passport and comply with the relevant regulations set by the “Document No. 12 (2020) of Ministry of Education of the PRC ".
3. Physically and mentally healthy.
4. Applicants under 18 years old (Per September) should provide a letter of guarantee for their guardian in China (notarization required).
1. Scan passport: Front page and Endorsement page (page 3/4, if there is an addition or change of name). (bit.ly/ContohPassport) (bit.ly/ContohEndorsement)
2. Recent passport size photo, with the following format: Recent full-faced passport size photo (the head occupies 70% of the size of the photo); the aspect ratio is 4:3; white background without borders; the size is 100-500KB (*.jpg,*.jpeg). (bit.ly/ContohPhoto)
3. Language Certificates
- English Taught: IELTS with an overall score of 5.5/6.0 or TOEFL IBT 85 (different for each university)
- Chinese Taught: HSK 4-6 (levels and minimum scores are different for each major and university)
4. High school diploma (for bachelor degree) and Bachelor or Master diploma (for master and doctoral degree), hasn’t graduated students should provide an official statement from your high school or university as proof of graduation (Pre-Graduation Statement). (bit.ly/PreGraduationLetter) (bit.ly/PreGraduationLetter2)
5. High school transcripts (for bachelor degree) and university transcripts (for master and doctoral degree), page sorted in 1 file. Please contact your school to get ‘1 sheet’ kinds of transcripts. (bit.ly/ContohOnePageTranscript)
6. 2 (two) recommendation letters from your teachers in high school (for bachelor degree) and two university professors (for master and doctoral degrees) along with letterhead and stamp from the school. Please also include the email and phone number of recommenders. (bit.ly/Contoh_Recommendation_Letter)
7. Study Plan / Personal Statement, approximately 800 words (English/Mandarin) and must be signed with a clear name. You could check general personal statement points grid here (bit.ly/PoinPersonalStatement)
8. Additional requirements that apply vary from university to university, for example:
- Entrance Examination / Interview.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV). (bit.ly/Contoh_CurriculumVitae_CV)
- Financial Statement (from Bank). (bit.ly/ContohFinancialCertificateProof)
- Certificate of No Criminal Record (SKCK) from the Local Indonesian Police. (bit.ly/ContohSKCK)
- Medical Check Up Report. (bit.ly/SyaratPengisianForm) (bit.ly/PhysicalExaminationForm)
- Documents number 4-6 above, MUST be translated into English / Mandarin, and legalized by the school or you could use the services of a sworn translator.
- Documents needed for Additional Requirements do not need to be prepared in advance, our team will follow up with you later.
- Please neatly SCAN each file in pdf format, the size must not be more than 1 MB (except the passport photo must comply with the requirements above), then upload everything to the system at www.greatwall.co.id.
1. Tuition: RMB 150,000 Per Year
2. Accommodation costs: approximately 5,000 – 16,000 RMB per year for oversea students, depending on the type of accommodation.
3. Living costs: 16,200 RMB-31,500 RMB per year for living expenses.
4. Compulsory insurance: RMB 1,000 for postgraduates.
5. Campus card fees: RMB 200 for the first year if you choose to live on the campus. And the money will be used to precharge utilities.