University of Nottingham Ningbo China
BEng, Civil EngineeringBachelor
Civil engineering is concerned with the techniques and procedures by which dams and reservoirs, water supply and sewage disposal systems, power stations, ports, offshore works, transport systems, bridges, tall buildings and other structures are planned, designed, built, surveyed, tested, operated, maintained and decommissioned. The course includes a broad range of activities including field courses, individual projects, design work and laboratory work.
This course will:
- introduce the principles and context of civil engineering in a range of subject areas to enable students to specialise
- develop students' understanding and critical judgement
- improve students' abilities in communication and other transferable skills
BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering is accredited by the Institution of Structural Engineers, the Institution of Civil Engineers, the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation and the Institute of Highway Engineers on behalf of the Engineering Council to fully meet the academic requirement for registration as an Incorporated Engineer (IEng) and partly meet the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng). A programme of accredited further learning will be required to complete the educational base for CEng. See www.jbm.org.uk for further information and details of further learning programmes for CEng.
We have developed excellent facilities with dedicated laboratories for structures, geotechnics and fluid mechanics. We also have an extensive range of surveying equipment; all of which are used for both research and teaching purposes at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. With plans for a new strong floor facility for major structural testing, our research will cover a wide range of experimental investigations and predictive numerical modelling studies, supported by the latest in computing and laboratory facilities.
For domestic students, the course structure follows the Chinese higher education system. It is based on a four-year programme with the possibility of spending two years at the University of Nottingham, UK campus.
For international students, the course structure follows the UK higher education system. It is based on a three-year program with the possibility of spending two years at the University of Nottingham's UK campus.
BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering is accredited by the Institution of Structural Engineers, the Institution of Civil Engineers, the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation and the Institute of Highway Engineers on behalf of the Engineering Council to fully meet the academic requirement for registration as an Incorporated Engineer and partly meet the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer
Careers and further study
The civil engineering industry continues to be one of the strongest industrial sectors, and the majority of our graduates continue with careers in the industry. The MSc Engineering Surveying and Geodesy programme offers a variety of career opportunities, such as engineering surveying in the private and government sectors. 100% of our MSc graduates are employed after graduation.
Among the 31 graduates from BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering in 2019, 28 chose to continue their studies. 46.4% of them were admitted into one of the top 50 universities in the world. The University of Nottingham accepted 1 student as a PhD student.
1. High school diploma and above.
2. Non-Chinese citizens who hold a foreign passport and comply with the relevant regulations set by the “Document No. 12 (2020) of Ministry of Education of the PRC ".
3. Physically and mentally healthy.
4. Applicants under 18 years old (Per September) should provide a letter of guarantee for their guardian in China (notarization required).
1. Scan passport: Front page and Endorsement page (page 3/4, if there is an addition or change of name). (bit.ly/ContohPassport) (bit.ly/ContohEndorsement)
2. Recent passport size photo, with the following format: Recent full-faced passport size photo (the head occupies 70% of the size of the photo); the aspect ratio is 4:3; white background without borders; the size is 100-500KB (*.jpg,*.jpeg). (bit.ly/ContohPhoto)
3. Language Certificates
- English Taught: IELTS with an overall score of 5.5/6.0 or TOEFL IBT 85 (different for each university)
- Chinese Taught: HSK 4-6 (levels and minimum scores are different for each major and university)
4. High school diploma (for bachelor degree) and Bachelor or Master diploma (for master and doctoral degree), hasn’t graduated students should provide an official statement from your high school or university as proof of graduation (Pre-Graduation Statement). (bit.ly/PreGraduationLetter) (bit.ly/PreGraduationLetter2)
5. High school transcripts (for bachelor degree) and university transcripts (for master and doctoral degree), page sorted in 1 file. Please contact your school to get ‘1 sheet’ kinds of transcripts. (bit.ly/ContohOnePageTranscript)
6. 2 (two) recommendation letters from your teachers in high school (for bachelor degree) and two university professors (for master and doctoral degrees) along with letterhead and stamp from the school. Please also include the email and phone number of recommenders. (bit.ly/Contoh_Recommendation_Letter)
7. Study Plan / Personal Statement, approximately 800 words (English/Mandarin) and must be signed with a clear name. You could check general personal statement points grid here (bit.ly/PoinPersonalStatement)
8. Additional requirements that apply vary from university to university, for example:
- Entrance Examination / Interview.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV). (bit.ly/Contoh_CurriculumVitae_CV)
- Financial Statement (from Bank). (bit.ly/ContohFinancialCertificateProof)
- Certificate of No Criminal Record (SKCK) from the Local Indonesian Police. (bit.ly/ContohSKCK)
- Medical Check Up Report. (bit.ly/SyaratPengisianForm) (bit.ly/PhysicalExaminationForm)
- Documents number 4-6 above, MUST be translated into English / Mandarin, and legalized by the school or you could use the services of a sworn translator.
- Documents needed for Additional Requirements do not need to be prepared in advance, our team will follow up with you later.
- Please neatly SCAN each file in pdf format, the size must not be more than 1 MB (except the passport photo must comply with the requirements above), then upload everything to the system at www.greatwall.co.id.
1. Tuition: RMB 110,000 Per Year
2. Text books for undergraduates: flat fee of RMB 2,500 per year (only for Year 1 students), If your books do not total RMB 2,500 at the end of each academic year, you will be refunded the difference.
3. Accommodation costs: approximately RMB 5,000 – 16,000 per year for oversea students, depending on the type of accommodation.
4. Living costs: RMB 16,200 - 31,500 per year for living expenses.
5. Compulsory insurance: RMB 800 per year for undergraduates.
6. Campus card fees: RMB 200 for the first year if you choose to live on the campus. And the money will be used to precharge utilities.