University of Nottingham Ningbo China
BA, English with International BusinessBachelor
English is the global language of business with companies around the world increasingly expecting their business executives to have a high level of spoken and written English.
This course offers you the opportunity to combine your flair and love of English language and literature with your desire to deepen your understanding of important business issues and concepts.
You will combine your study of English with modules offered by Nottingham University Business School China, which is part of the Nottingham University Business School in the UK, one of the best business schools in Europe.
By the end of your course, you will:
- develop a good understanding of the nature and uses of English, in particular in the contexts of entrepreneurship and business
- be highly knowledgeable on the theory and practice of business management with a particular focus on international business issues
- have an understanding of the way in which organizations might be made to operate more effectively in the modern world
- gain language skills, knowledge and analytical abilities that are attractive to potential employers with global aspirations.
Please note that this is a highly selective course with limited places.
For domestic Mainland Chinese students the course structure follows the Chinese higher education system and is based on a four-year programme.
For international students the course structure follows the UK higher education system and is based on a three-year programme.
Students should take a minimum of 220 credits in English subject and 90 credits in Business subject
Detailed module information can be found through the online module catalogue. Please enter the module title or code when searching.
Please note: This degree structure and modules may be subject to change.
Careers and further study
Studying for a degree at the University of Nottingham Ningbo China will provide you with the type of skills and experiences that will prove invaluable in any career, whichever direction you decide to take.
Throughout your time with us, our Career Development Office can work with you to improve your employability skills even further; assisting with job or course applications, searching for appropriate work experience placements and hosting events to bring you closer to a wide range of prospective employers.
Have a look at our careers page for an overview of all the employability support and opportunities that we provide to current students.
A total of 51 graduates of the 2018 English Language and Literature Department, 37 chose to continue their studies, of which 67.6% of the graduates entered the top 50 universities in the world.
1. High school diploma and above.
2. Non-Chinese citizens who hold a foreign passport and comply with the relevant regulations set by the “Document No. 12 (2020) of Ministry of Education of the PRC ".
3. Physically and mentally healthy.
4. Applicants under 18 years old (Per September) should provide a letter of guarantee for their guardian in China (notarization required).
1. Scan passport: Front page and Endorsement page (page 3/4, if there is an addition or change of name). (bit.ly/ContohPassport) (bit.ly/ContohEndorsement)
2. Recent passport size photo, with the following format: Recent full-faced passport size photo (the head occupies 70% of the size of the photo); the aspect ratio is 4:3; white background without borders; the size is 100-500KB (*.jpg,*.jpeg). (bit.ly/ContohPhoto)
3. Language Certificates
- English Taught: IELTS with an overall score of 5.5/6.0 or TOEFL IBT 85 (different for each university)
- Chinese Taught: HSK 4-6 (levels and minimum scores are different for each major and university)
4. High school diploma (for bachelor degree) and Bachelor or Master diploma (for master and doctoral degree), hasn’t graduated students should provide an official statement from your high school or university as proof of graduation (Pre-Graduation Statement). (bit.ly/PreGraduationLetter) (bit.ly/PreGraduationLetter2)
5. High school transcripts (for bachelor degree) and university transcripts (for master and doctoral degree), page sorted in 1 file. Please contact your school to get ‘1 sheet’ kinds of transcripts. (bit.ly/ContohOnePageTranscript)
6. 2 (two) recommendation letters from your teachers in high school (for bachelor degree) and two university professors (for master and doctoral degrees) along with letterhead and stamp from the school. Please also include the email and phone number of recommenders. (bit.ly/Contoh_Recommendation_Letter)
7. Study Plan / Personal Statement, approximately 800 words (English/Mandarin) and must be signed with a clear name. You could check general personal statement points grid here (bit.ly/PoinPersonalStatement)
8. Additional requirements that apply vary from university to university, for example:
- Entrance Examination / Interview.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV). (bit.ly/Contoh_CurriculumVitae_CV)
- Financial Statement (from Bank). (bit.ly/ContohFinancialCertificateProof)
- Certificate of No Criminal Record (SKCK) from the Local Indonesian Police. (bit.ly/ContohSKCK)
- Medical Check Up Report. (bit.ly/SyaratPengisianForm) (bit.ly/PhysicalExaminationForm)
- Documents number 4-6 above, MUST be translated into English / Mandarin, and legalized by the school or you could use the services of a sworn translator.
- Documents needed for Additional Requirements do not need to be prepared in advance, our team will follow up with you later.
- Please neatly SCAN each file in pdf format, the size must not be more than 1 MB (except the passport photo must comply with the requirements above), then upload everything to the system at www.greatwall.co.id.
1. Tuition: RMB 110,000 Per Year
2. Text books for undergraduates: flat fee of RMB 2,500 per year (only for Year 1 students), If your books do not total RMB 2,500 at the end of each academic year, you will be refunded the difference.
3. Accommodation costs: approximately RMB 5,000 – 16,000 per year for oversea students, depending on the type of accommodation.
4. Living costs: RMB 16,200 - 31,500 per year for living expenses.
5. Compulsory insurance: RMB 800 per year for undergraduates.
6. Campus card fees: RMB 200 for the first year if you choose to live on the campus. And the money will be used to precharge utilities.