Computer Science - Computer Science and TechnologyBachelor
The undergraduate programs of Tsinghua University are 4-year full-time study (except for the programs of architecture in Architecture Division and sculpture in Arts Division which require 5 years). The programs are delivered in Chinese and English. Bachelor's degree and graduation certificate will be awarded if the student finish all the required course work and pass the thesis defense.
Starting from 2017, Tsinghua begins to integrate programs/majors into divisions and recruit students of undergraduate programs by division. There are 15 divisions open to international students. Upon arriving at Tsinghua University, students from most divisions will undergo the general curriculum of their divisions in their first academic year. By the end of the first academic year, the specific programs/majors will be confirmed. In the second academic year, students enter the relevant schools/ departments for major study.
1. Foreign citizen, in good physical and mental health, and awarded a certificate of graduation from high school.
2. Academic performance
Outstanding academic performance. Proof should be provided through (but not limited to) the following document(s):
2.1 High school/University (if applicable) transcripts (in Chinese or English);
2.2 Certificate of National/Regional Graduation Examination/Matriculation Examination;
2.3 Results of international standard tests (e.g. SAT/ACT/A-Level/AP/IB/others);
2.4 Other supporting materials.
3. Language proficiency
language proficiency of HSK Level 5 or above, with each subject scored over 60 points. Chinese language proficiency of HSK Level 4 (with each subject scored over 60 points) is eligible too, however, applicants must improve to Level 5 or above with each subject scored over 60 points within the first academic year in Tsinghua University. Students who do not achieve this will be required to leave Tsinghua University. Applicants whose native language is Chinese or can provide proof of studying at a high school where the teaching language is Chinese, can apply for HSK test waiver in the Online Application System for further approval by Tsinghua University.
3.2 Good English language proficiency. For those whose native language is not English, please provide score report of English language test (e.g. TOEFL/IELTS/others).
4. Aged 18 or above (by September 1, 2021). For the applicants under 18, please bring the relevant supporting documents to the official registration.
5. For those who have given up their original Chinese citizenship and become foreign citizens, the conditions set by the Document No. 83 (2009) of Ministry of Education of the PRC should be met.
The documents (colored scanned copy of the original version) listed below should be uploaded in the Online Application System. Please bring the original copies as well as the specified number of photocopies to the interview/official registration.
1. Front page of passport, visa, and passport pages with entry customs stamps (if applicable). Please make sure the expiration date of passport is later than October 1, 2021. Otherwise students can not apply for visa in the first academic year of Tsinghua University.
2. The final degree certificate or pre-graduation certificate (in Chinese or English, must be original copy).
- Certificate of pre-graduation issued by the high school that will issue the diploma, the expected graduation time should be indicated (for applicants who will graduate from high school by August 2021);
- Graduation certificate of high school (for applicants who have already graduated from high school);
- Certificate of enrollment from the university (for applicants who are studying in a university).
3. Curriculum Vitae (in Chinese or English).
4. High school/University (if applicable) transcripts (in Chinese or English, must be original copy).
- Currently available high school transcripts (for applicants who will graduate from high school by August 2021);
- Complete set of high school transcripts (for applicants who have already graduated from high school);
- High school transcripts and the currently available university transcripts (for applicants who are studying in a university).
5. Test Report of HSK Level 4 or above (within the validity period).
6. Certificate of National/Regional Graduation Examination/Matriculation Examination and/or the results of international standard tests (e.g. SAT/ACT/A-Level/AP/IB/others).
7. Test Report of English language test (e.g. TOEFL/IELTS/others, within the validity period).
8. Two Recommendation Letters: the letter template will be sent directly to the recommender’s email address by the online application system.
9. Personal statement (in Chinese or English).
10. Form for the Financial Sponsor (template is available in the online application system).
11. According to the Document No. 83 (2009) of Ministry of Education of the PRC, applicants who have given up their original Chinese citizenship and become foreign citizens should submit the following documents:
- Immigration certificate;
- Proof of cancellation of the original Chinese citizenship;
- Photocopy of the passport pages with customs stamps (exit and entry) from April 30, 2017 to the due date of your application round;
- Proof of living abroad from April 30, 2017 to the due date of your application round.
12. Proof of HSK test waiver (native language is Chinese or learning in Chinese in high school).
13. Self-Introduction Video (in both Chinese and English, no more than 3 minutes & less than 20 MB. The format of the video can be: mov, mp4, avi, rmvb, flv).
14. Other supporting materials such as awards, admission letter(s) from other universities, etc.
15. In addition to the documents mentioned above, Tsinghua University may require further information and materials.
1. All materials listed above must be original copy in Chinese or English. If the original copy is of 3rd party language (such as Korean), then a notarized translated copy (in Chinese or English) must be submitted with the original.
2. The diplomas issued by different types of high school in mainland China listed below are all acceptable:
- For those who are studying in the regular high school in mainland China, please provide the diploma issued by the local education administration department;
- For those who are studying in the high school established by foreign organization/enterprise (the school has to be authorized by the Ministry of Education of the PRC), the diploma will be acceptable after verification by Tsinghua university;
- For those who are studying in the international school or Sino-foreign cooperative education organization, please provide the diploma as well as the Permit of Sino-foreign Cooperative Education of the PRC.
3. All hard copies of application materials will not be returned except for official documents such as high school diploma, Test Report of HSK and English language, etc.
4. Applicants under 18 (by September 1, 2021) must provide a certificate identifying a legal guardian in China. The guardian of the students must currently live in Beijing. The guardian can be of any nationality and must have a source of income.