Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Transportation Engineering (School of Naval,Architecture, Ocean and Civil Engineering)Master
Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) is a world-renowned higher education institution and one of the top universities in China. It has established itself as a comprehensive, research-oriented, and internationalized university and ranks 47th worldwide (QS 2021). The university now has 31 schools, 31 research institutions and 13 affiliated hospitals, offering a wide range of degree programs.
Each year SJTU admits students from nearly 100 countries, and more than 7000 international students are studying on campus. Its 31 colleges and schools offer more than 100 graduate programs to international students. The study duration for master’s programs is usually 2-3 years (full-time), and 4 years (full-time) for doctoral programs.
For the details of the program, please check here
May 31, 2021
September 4, 2021
The following are general requirements for application to SJTU International Graduate Programs.
1) Non-Chinese citizen.
2) Good health both physically and mentally.
3)Outstanding academic performance and potential.
4) Bachelor’s degree for master program applicants.
5) Proficiency in English
All international applicants for admission to any SJTU program must provide evidence that their English language proficiency meets the minimum requirements for admission. Being born in a native English-speaking country is not a proof of your English proficiency. You will be deemed to have satisfied the English language requirements if you can provide evidence that you meet one or more of the following criteria:
i) English Language Tests
ii) Prior study in the medium of English
a) English Language Tests SJTU recognizes a number of English Language tests and English Preparation Courses which can be undertaken to meet the University’s English language requirements. These are set out in the following table, together with the minimum results required.
The test/score must be valid till the year of application. For example, the TOEFL must have been undertaken no more than two years prior to the commencement of the program at SJTU, i.e., the test must be dated on or after 1 January (two years prior) for Fall Semester intake.
b) Prior study in the medium of English If you have successfully completed an assessable Senior Secondary qualification or a post-secondary/tertiary study at an accredited university from an English-speaking country you do not have to prove proficiency in English provided the qualification was:
i) Taught and examined in English
ii) Completed no more than two years prior to the commencement of the program at SJTU.
iii) The statement or certificate must be on official headed paper, and must be the original document.
* English-speaking countries recognized by SJTU international graduate programs include: American Samoa, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Botswana, Canada, Fiji, Gibraltar, Ghana, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, The Gambia, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland), United States of America, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
1) Degree certificates, in scanned files. Applicants who have not graduated by the time of application are required to provide an official letter from their current university stating the expected graduation date.
2) Transcripts, in scanned files. Master’s program applicants are required to submit undergraduate transcripts.
3) Proof of Language proficiency.
4) Scanned copy of passport.
5) Passport-size photo.
6) Personal statement and study plan.
7) Two letters of academic recommendation from scholars who are associate professors or above, or senior professionals in a related academic field.
8) If you are applying for programs of the School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, you are required to contact the supervisor beforehand and provide an acceptance letter by the supervisor.
Note: If your documents are not in English or Chinese, please have them translated into either English or Chinese by an authorized translation agency. Then upload both the translated and original documents onto the application system.
1. Application fee (non-refundable): RMB 800
2. Tuition: RMB 28.900/year