Shanghai Jiao Tong University
SJTU Summer Research Internship ProgramNon Degree
Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) is a higher education institute in China, which enjoys a long history and a world-renowned reputation. Through 123 years of unrelenting effort, SJTU has become a comprehensive and research-oriented top international university in China. SJTU enjoys an ever-increasing level of scientific research excellence and technological innovation. During 2015, SJTU was named the leading institute in the nation, in terms of project numbers and amount of money issued by the National Natural Science Foundation of China, for the 6th consecutive year. SJTU also ranks second in the nation for sponsored research grants.
SJTU Summer Research Internship Program aims to promote international research collaboration and enhance the academic environment at Shanghai Jiao Tong University. It offers excellent undergraduate students from around the world the opportunity to spend a summer studying at world-class research laboratories, alongside prominent research professors. It will prepare undergraduate students for further studies through intensive research experience with faculty mentors and enrichment activities.
In addition, participants will develop their research skills by enjoying lectures with topics such as “How to Write a Research Essay”, “How to Cooperate in a Project”. Participants will also learn about Chinese language and culture, which will enhance their intercultural awareness and communication.
What Participants will receive?
- Knowledge of the top research projects in China
- The opportunity to work with top Chinese professors, fellows, and students
- A good basis for a career in academic research
- The opportunity to co-author a scientific paper
- Knowledge of Chinese language and culture
- A rewarding and unforgettable experience in China
Transcript & Certificate
After completing the program and submitting the final report, participants will receive an official certificate from the university.
Official transcripts will be sent to the mailing address you provided in the application. Students who wish to transfer credits need to obtain pre-approval from the relevant authorities at their home universities.
1. Students from overseas, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macao are eligible to apply.
2. Students must have completed at least one year of an undergraduate program and be enrolled as a current undergraduate.
3. Hold at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
4. Students from non-English speaking countries must provide an English language proficiency certificate: an IELTS with a score no less than 6.0 or a TOEFL with a score no less than 78 points. If you are studying in a fully English taught program, you must provide the relevant certificates.
5. Additional requirements vary per laboratory.
The following items shall be uploaded alongside the online application:
1. A scan of the identification page of your passport. The passport must be valid for at least 6 more months for the visa application.
2. ID photo (similar to a passport photo)
3. Curriculum vitae (CV)
4. Copy of your most recent academic transcript
5. Motivation letter
6. Recommendation letter
7. Report of your past research experience (if available)
8. Language proficiency certificate (if available)
1. Application Fee: RMB 400 (non-refundable)
2. Tuition: RMB 8.000
3. Insurance: RMB 800/Year (The relevant regulations by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China and the Management Regulations for International Student of SJTU require all international students with study duration over 6 months to purchase the Group Comprehensive Insurance in Mainland China.)