Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Long-term Chinese Language Course Full TimeNon Degree
- A clear focus on Chinese language
- Carefully designed immersion activities and excursions
- Teaching delivered by qualified faculty at school
- Discussions with the participation of Chinese students and faculty
- Access to optional Chinese language courses
Courses (A minimum number of 10 students is required to start a class, around 25 students with a similar level will study in the same class.)
1. The general track consists of Intensive Reading, Spoken Chinese, Listening, Reading, and Writing classes, for a total of 20 class hours per week. Please refer to Appendix① for a sample class schedule.
2. Levels: The track is divided into 9 levels: Elementary 1, Elementary 2, Elementary 3, Elementary 4, Intermediate 1, Intermediate 2, Intermediate 3, Advanced 1 and Advanced 2.
Special class: Advanced Culture and Business Course (also known as Advanced 3)
Target students: advanced students
Program Objectives: To provide seminars on Chinese traditional culture, Chinese society and Chinese economy for advanced students who want to take deeper dive into China.
1. Aged between 18 to 55
2. In good health.
1. A photocopy of your passport page with personal information and photo. If you are already in China, please provide a photocopy of your valid Visa or Residence Permit as well. (jpg, ≤3MB)
2. A photocopy of your recent photo (jpg, 2.2x2.8cm, 300 pixels/inch, ≤10k, Bareheaded).
3. Supplementary Information Form for Language Students
4. If you are studying at another university/school in China, please submit your study transcript and an attendance letter issued by the International Student Office or the school of your host university with their contact information.
1. Application Fee: RMB 450 (non-refundable)
RMB 9.900 / Semester
RMB 19.800 / Year
3. Insurance: RMB 800/Year (The relevant regulations by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China and the Management Regulations for International Student of SJTU require all international students with study duration over 6 months to purchase the Group Comprehensive Insurance in Mainland China.)