South China University of Technology
Environmental Science and EngineeringDoctoral
- 1. International Postgraduate Research Programs：All the postgraduate programs are guided by experienced supervisors. They will introduce student centered, research-based teaching and learning methods and multiform assessment system. Students will implement the whole study program by attending lectures, group discussion, and lab section and research project.
- 2. Discipline Advantages：SEE has developed a highly professional research team with solid disciplinary foundation and strengthened research capability.
Editor Notes: This program aims to cultivate personnel to be able to perform at high level in energy related positions.
This Program aims to cultivate highlevel specializd personnel who are equipped with solid fundamental theory,systematic professional understanding and experiental operation skills;who are able to put theory skills;who are able to put theory into practice and conduct innovative research;who are informed in the research and development of frontier issues in the field of environmental science or engineering and with advanced technical methods and modern technical approaches to solving problems of environmental science;who have the awareness of bringing new ideas and are able to put forward creative reaearch question.Graduates are expected to be able to undertake jobs of scientific researches,teaching, and management in the field of environment science and engineering.Inregard to the advanced energy materials and technologies directin,we aim to cultivate personnel who will be equipped with solid background knowledge of electro-chemistry,photo-electro catalysis,materials science and engineering and well-trained in design,preparation,characterization of advanced materials for fuel cells(SOFC,PEMFC),photovoltaic,photo-electro catalysis,super capacitors lithuim-ion battery,etc.Candidates are expected to be able to perform at high level in energy related positions,including but not limited to R&D scientist/engineer,CTO,sales manager,teacher,government policy adviser.
2. Program Structure&Research Fields
Editor Notes: This program provides 7 research fields for international students.
Water pollution control and water purification Air pollution control Solid waster treatment and reclamation Ecology system remediation Industrial wastewater pollution control Marine environment Energy materials and techniques3. SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENT AND ENGINEERING
Editor Notes: SCUT is a key comprehensive research-oriented university under Project 985 and Project 211.
School of Environment and Energy(SEE) includes 3 departments and 2 research institutes/centers, namely Environmental Science Department, Environmental Engineering Department, Municipal Engineering Department, Environmental Science Research Institute, and New Energy Research Center. The school possesses 2 key laboratories: Key Laboratory of Pollution Control and Ecosystem Restoration in Industry Clusters of the Ministry of Education and Key Laboratory of Environmental Protection and Eco-remediation of the Guangdong Regular Higher Education Institutions. SEE has taken up a number of projects, including national “863” Program, National Natural Science Foundation, Guangdong Province Natural Science Foundation, etc. The school has made breakthroughs in research and techniques involving industrial wastewater pollution control, ecosystem restoration, air pollution control, solid waste control and reclamation, and water decontamination.
Over 85% staff has doctoral degree and more than 60% have abroad study and working experience. In addition, 15 adjunct professors from world famous universities and research institutes.4. Campus Life
Editor Notes: International students enjoy the wonderful life in the campus.
- Master’s degree diploma and transcripts with good record.
- Language requirements for English Medium Programs (only for non-English speaking countries):TOEFL IBT 80 or above;TELTS 6.0 or above;
- Those who have not tested for HSK, IELTS or TOEFL in the application year can apply to attend the Language Proficiency Test held by the School of International Education, SCUT. Student’s test scores will be considered in the admission process.
RMB 40,000 per year
RMB 120,000 in total (About $ 22,005)
|International Student Dorm (Building C15)|
|Double Room||RMB 27 to RMB 8,000|
|Quad room||RMB 12 to RMB 3,500|
|International Student Dorm (West Lake)|
|Double Room||RMB 33 to RMB 9,800|
|Single Room||RMB 50 to RMB 15,000|
|Triple Room||RMB 27 to RMB 8,000|
|Cooperative Apartment Zang International Building|
|Single Room||RMB 11,000 to RMB 18,000|
|Application Fee||USD 85|
|Service Fee||USD 50|
|Living Expense||RMB 2,100 to RMB 2,700|