South China University of Technology
Information and Communication EngineeringMaster
This program aims at providing graduates of electronic and information engineering, electrical engineering, telecommunications engineering, computer science and other related disciplines an opportunity for further study at postgraduate level. Students will embark on a broad choice of core subjects in multimedia technologies, telecommunications and electronic engineering that enable them to meet new challenges and tap new opportunities in relevant fields. Students can also acquire the latest technical know-how by registering for specialized subjects in a chosen area that focuses on the cutting edge issues facing the engineering profession today. Students who have managerial responsibilities can take electives on business or management according to their interest and career needs.
(1) Key Discipline in SCUT
(2) Group projects supported by a professional laboratory
(3) Industrial experience and exchange programs
(4) Distinguished alumni, such as TCL President Li Dongsheng
(1) Bachelor’s degree diploma and transcripts with good record. Those who have not graduated from undergraduate program, submit a Pre-graduation Certificate, or a testimonial which shows your expected graduation time and present your original certification, transcripts, and translations when you register;
(2)Language requirements for Chinese-Medium Programs (language certificate must be valid for the latest 2 years):
-HSK Band 4 with 180 scores or above for Science or Engineering studies;
-HSK Band 5 with 180 scores or above for Liberal Arts, Economics, Art and Design or Management Studies;
-New HSK Band 5 with 210 scores above for Journalism and Communication (Chinese Teaching and Communication Included).
(3)Language requirements for English-Medium Programs (only for non-English speaking countries) (language certificate must be valid for the latest 2 years):
-TOEFL IBT 80 or above;
-IELTS 6.0 or above;
(4) Those students who are exempt from submitting English Language Certificate must meet the following conditions:
-A citizen of English speaking countries
-Obtained the highest-level degree of education from an institution operating in English and submitting a proof of English instruction.
(5) Those who do not have a HSK certificate can study one year Chinese Language program at SCUT prior to their degree programs until the required certificate has been completed.
(6) To apply for music related programs, please submit a DVD or CD of your live performance. To apply for architecture related programs, please submit at least two sketches and two color painting.
(7) Two recommendation letters.
(8) A study of research written in Chinese/English (500 words minimum)
(9) Original copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (must be filled out in Chinese or English)
(10) For MBA applicants, students are required to have been awarded Bachelor Degree for at least two years and pass the interview held by MBA center.
- By the end of September, obtained at least 3 years of work experiences after the undergraduate degree
- By the end of September, obtained at least 2 years of work experiences after the postgraduate degree
(11) For those who missed the HSK, IELTS or TOEFL in the application year can apply to attend the Language Proficiency Test held by the School of International Education, SCUT. Students’ test scores will also be considered in the admission procedure.
(12)Two weeks after the semester starts, the application for changing the major will not be accepted.
(1) Please upload the Required Documents in order to fulfill your application procedure. Each document has to be smaller than 1M.
(2) Certificates, diplomas and transcripts must be notarized copies. All of the documents should be translated into Chinese or English.
(3) Two weeks after the semester starts, the application for changing majors will not be accepted.
(4) If you have previously studied at any Chinese university, please upload the Visa page of your passport, prepare a transfer letter which includes your attendance record (should be above 80 %) and transcripts.
(5) Students from some countries need to submit the "Non-criminal Check" notarized by Chinese embassy and personal resume, and the specific requirements will be notified by mail
(6) For applicants under the age of 18, guardians of Chinese nationality are required when applying for academic degree programs or long-term education programs. The Guardian Letter must be notarized and the specific requirements will be notified by mail.
(7) Students from some countries are required to submit financial certificates, and the specific requirements will be notified by mail.
1.Application Fee: RMB 450 (non-refundable).
(1)The rule of accommodation reservation service is: First Come, First Served;
(2)Students may choose to live off campus. Note that international students have to register at the local police station within 24 hours of moving into off-campus housing;
(3)Students should pay the fees on time and in full in the registration time. It is suggested that students apply for one credit card in China's banks first and then pay by card. Usually, deferral application is unacceptable;
(4)The Admission Letter will become invalid if the applicant is holding the expired visa in China;
(5)SCUT can only provide the first two years accommodation for self-support international students;
(6)The tuition and accommodation fees are nonrefundable if a student withdraws from the program.
4. Insurance: RMB 800/ year
5. Foreigner physical examination: RMB 482 (The fee of health examination is free if you are degree student)
6. Application for resident permit:
- RMB 800 (12 months above)
- RMB 400 (less than 12 months)
7. Campus Card: RMB 30 (free for degree student)
8. Living expenses: We estimate that a single student living in Guangzhou will need RMB 15.000-20.000 or living expenses annually in addition to the tuition and accommodation fees. This amount includes food, clothes, books, and travels.