South China University of Technology
SCUT enrolls international students into Chines medium undergraduate programs by divisions will undergo the general curriculum of their divisions in their first academic year. By the end of the first academic year, the specific programs/ majors will be confirmed by their performance ranking. In the second year, students enter the relevant schools for major study.
This program is designed to cultivate the students to adhere to the four cardinal principles, grasp the theory of Political Science, Administration, Economics, Management, develop the ability of organizing, coordinating, transaction processing, foreign language communicating and using computers for information processing.
The undergraduate program of Administrative Management aims at developing and cultivating professional administrative management personnel for public and private sectors, so as to achieve the mission of administrative renovation and contribute to the economical-social development. The program aims at preparing students for professional careers in related administrative agencies of government and other public sectors, enterprises, civil organizations, and also for their further learning and academic research. We attempts to make students not only grasp the basic theories and knowledge of Public Administration, Management Science, Political Science, Economics, Law, Policy Science and Computer Science and other related disciplines, but also have good command of the principles, policies and regulations of the relevant domestic and international operational practices. What’s more, it also makes a highlight that students should possess comprehensive abilities such as teamwork & coordination, competence of public relations, innovative capability and autonomous learning capability, information processing, communication and inter-personal skills etc..
Degree Conferred: Bachelor of Management Science
Principle of Management Science, Principle of Political Science, Principle of Public Administration, Outline of Sociology, General Logic, Public Policy, Micro-Economics, Governmental Economics, Public Finance, Administrative Law, HR Management in Public Sectors, Local Government, Administrative Organization, Civil Servant System, Leadership Science.
(1) High school graduate with good record or equivalent certificate. Those who have not graduated from high school, submit a Pre-graduation Certificate, or a testimonial which shows your expected graduation time and present your original high school certification, transcripts, and their translations when you register;
(2) Language Requirements for Chinese Medium Programs (The language proficiency certificate must remain valid at the time of admission):
HSK Band 4 with 180 scores or above for Science, Engineering and Architecture studies;
HSK Band 5 with 180 scores or above for Liberal Arts, Economics, Management Studies, Arts & Design and Sport Training.
(3) Language Requirements for English Medium Programs (The language proficiency certificate must remain valid at the time of admission).
For non-english speaking countries;
- TOEFLIBT 68 or above
- IELTS 5.5 or above;
- Other equivalent English language qualifications.
- Applicants who seek exemption from submitting one of the above English Language competency certificates must show that they are a citizen or permanent resident of an English-speaking country, and have obtained their highest level of formal education from an institution where English is the medium of instruction and assessment and provide documented evidence of this when submitting their high school or college qualification certificate.
(4) Language Requirements for Bilingual Program (The Language proficiency certificates must remain valid at the time of admission):
HSK Band 4 with 180 scores or above for Science or Engineering studies;
TOEFL IBT 68 or above; IELTS 5.5 or above; Other equivalent English language qualifications.
(5) Those who do not have an HSK certificate can study in the Chinese Language program at SCUT prior to their degree programs until the required certificate has been completed.
(6) The Foreigner Physical Examination Form Should be filled in Chinese or English
(7) To apply for music related programs, please submit DVD or CD of your live performance. To apply for architecture related programs, please submit a portrait and a still life you have drawn. For design related programs, please submit two original designs.
(8) Applicants, who apply for Civil Engineering (Bilingual) or Materials Engineering (English medium) with conditional offers, should attend the math and English test held by professional schools. If the applicants cannot pass the test, you can transfer to other English medium programs or other universities.
(9) Applications for changing majors could be accepted within two weeks after the semester begins.
(1) Please upload the Required Documents in order to fulfill your application procedure. Each document has to be smaller than 1M.
(2) Certificates, diplomas and transcripts must be notarized copies. All of the documents should be translated into Chinese or English.
(3) Two weeks after the semester starts, the application for changing majors will not be accepted.
(4) If you have previously studied at any Chinese university, please upload the Visa page of your passport, prepare a transfer letter which includes your attendance record (should be above 80 %) and transcripts.
(5) Students from some countries need to submit the "Non-criminal Check" notarized by Chinese embassy and personal resume, and the specific requirements will be notified by mail
(6) For applicants under the age of 18, guardians of Chinese nationality are required when applying for academic degree programs or long-term education programs. The Guardian Letter must be notarized and the specific requirements will be notified by mail.
(7) Students from some countries are required to submit financial certificates, and the specific requirements will be notified by mail.
1.Application Fee: RMB 450 (non-refundable).
(1)The rule of accommodation reservation service is: First Come, First Served;
(2)Students may choose to live off campus. Note that international students have to register at the local police station within 24 hours of moving into off-campus housing;
(3)Students should pay the fees on time and in full in the registration time. It is suggested that students apply for one credit card in China's banks first and then pay by card. Usually, deferral application is unacceptable;
(4)The Admission Letter will become invalid if the applicant is holding the expired visa in China;
(5)SCUT can only provide the first two years accommodation for self-support international students;
(6)The tuition and accommodation fees are nonrefundable if a student withdraws from the program.
4. Insurance: RMB 800/ year
5. Foreigner physical examination: RMB 482 (The fee of health examination is free if you are degree student)
6. Application for resident permit:
- RMB 800 (12 months above)
- RMB 400 (less than 12 months)
7. Campus Card: RMB 30 (free for degree student)
8. Living expenses: We estimate that a single student living in Guangzhou will need RMB 15.000-20.000 or living expenses annually in addition to the tuition and accommodation fees. This amount includes food, clothes, books, and travels.