South China University of Technology
Short-term General Chinese Language ProgramsNon Degree
- A clear focus on Chinese language.
- Discussions with the participation of Chinese students and faculty
- Access to optional Chinese culture courses
- There are three levels and applicants can choose an appropriate course level according to their Chinese language proficiency.
1. GENERAL CHINESE PROGRAMS ARE DIVIDED TO THREE LEVELS
Basic, Intermediate, and Advance
- Long-Term: 1 semester or 1 academic year (Each academic year has two semester)
- Short-Term: 1-2 month (Applicants can choose an appropriate course level according to their Chinese language proficiency).
Inner city tours to historical sites.
4. APPLICATION DEADLINE
Fall semester: 30 June
Spring semester: 31 December
1. Passport Copy.
2. The Foreigner Physical Examination Form Should be filled in Chinese or English
Note: The minimum of this program is 10 people.
1.Application Fee: RMB 450 (non-refundable).
(1)The rule of accommodation reservation service is: First Come, First Served;
(2)Students may choose to live off campus. Note that international students have to register at the local police station within 24 hours of moving into off-campus housing;
(3)Students should pay the fees on time and in full in the registration time. It is suggested that students apply for one credit card in China's banks first and then pay by card. Usually, deferral application is unacceptable;
(4)The Admission Letter will become invalid if the applicant is holding the expired visa in China;
(5)SCUT can only provide the first two years accommodation for self-support international students;
(6)The tuition and accommodation fees are nonrefundable if a student withdraws from the program.
4. Insurance: RMB 800/ year
5. Foreigner physical examination: RMB 482 (The fee of health examination is free if you are degree student)
6. Application for resident permit:
- RMB 800 (12 months above)
- RMB 400 (less than 12 months)
7. Campus Card: RMB 30 (free for degree student)
8. Living expenses: We estimate that a single student living in Guangzhou will need RMB 15.000-20.000 or living expenses annually in addition to the tuition and accommodation fees. This amount includes food, clothes, books, and travels.