South China University of Technology
Economics - International Economics and TradeBachelor
1. High school diploma and above.
2. Non-Chinese citizens who hold a foreign passport and comply with the relevant regulations set by the “Document No. 12 (2020) of Ministry of Education of the PRC ".
3. Physically and mentally healthy.
4. Applicants under 18 years old (Per September) should provide a letter of guarantee for their guardian in China (notarization required).
1. Scan passport: Front page and Endorsement page (page 3/4, if there is an addition or change of name). (bit.ly/ContohPassport) (bit.ly/ContohEndorsement)
2. Recent passport size photo, with the following format: Recent full-faced passport size photo (the head occupies 70% of the size of the photo); the aspect ratio is 4:3; white background without borders; the size is 100-500KB (*.jpg,*.jpeg). (bit.ly/ContohPhoto)
3. Language Certificates
- English Taught: IELTS with an overall score of 5.5/6.0 or TOEFL IBT 85 (different for each university)
- Chinese Taught: HSK 4-6 (levels and minimum scores are different for each major and university)
4. High school diploma (for bachelor degree) and Bachelor or Master diploma (for master and doctoral degree), hasn’t graduated students should provide an official statement from your high school or university as proof of graduation (Pre-Graduation Statement). (bit.ly/PreGraduationLetter) (bit.ly/PreGraduationLetter2)
5. High school transcripts (for bachelor degree) and university transcripts (for master and doctoral degree), page sorted in 1 file. Please contact your school to get ‘1 sheet’ kinds of transcripts. (bit.ly/ContohOnePageTranscript)
6. 2 (two) recommendation letters from your teachers in high school (for bachelor degree) and two university professors (for master and doctoral degrees) along with letterhead and stamp from the school. Please also include the email and phone number of recommenders. (bit.ly/Contoh_Recommendation_Letter)
7. Study Plan / Personal Statement, approximately 800 words (English/Mandarin) and must be signed with a clear name. You could check general personal statement points grid here (bit.ly/PoinPersonalStatement)
8. Additional requirements that apply vary from university to university, for example:
- Entrance Examination / Interview.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV). (bit.ly/Contoh_CurriculumVitae_CV)
- Financial Statement (from Bank). (bit.ly/ContohFinancialCertificateProof)
- Certificate of No Criminal Record (SKCK) from the Local Indonesian Police. (bit.ly/ContohSKCK)
- Medical Check Up Report. (bit.ly/SyaratPengisianForm) (bit.ly/PhysicalExaminationForm)
- Documents number 4-6 above, MUST be translated into English / Mandarin, and legalized by the school or you could use the services of a sworn translator.
- Documents needed for Additional Requirements do not need to be prepared in advance, our team will follow up with you later.
- Please neatly SCAN each file in pdf format, the size must not be more than 1 MB (except the passport photo must comply with the requirements above), then upload everything to the system at www.greatwall.co.id.
1.Application Fee: RMB 450 (non-refundable).
(1)The rule of accommodation reservation service is: First Come, First Served;
(2)Students may choose to live off campus. Note that international students have to register at the local police station within 24 hours of moving into off-campus housing;
(3)Students should pay the fees on time and in full in the registration time. It is suggested that students apply for one credit card in China's banks first and then pay by card. Usually, deferral application is unacceptable;
(4)The Admission Letter will become invalid if the applicant is holding the expired visa in China;
(5)SCUT can only provide the first two years accommodation for self-support international students;
(6)The tuition and accommodation fees are nonrefundable if a student withdraws from the program.
4. Insurance: RMB 800/ year
5. Foreigner physical examination: RMB 482 (The fee of health examination is free if you are degree student)
6. Application for resident permit:
- RMB 800 (12 months above)
- RMB 400 (less than 12 months)
7. Campus Card: RMB 30 (free for degree student)
8. Living expenses: We estimate that a single student living in Guangzhou will need RMB 15.000-20.000 or living expenses annually in addition to the tuition and accommodation fees. This amount includes food, clothes, books, and travels.