General Visiting Students (Economics, Management)Non Degree
The schooling system for visiting students ranges from 1 semester to 2 years.
Tsinghua University possesses advanced research facilities and rich teaching resources, including more than 300 undergraduate and graduate courses offered in English. Foreign students who are willing to take courses or do research at Tsinghua as a visiting student may apply to International Students Office, Tsinghua University. It is suggested that before submitting applications, the applicants ask for advice from their supervisor/tutor in home institution and discuss with relevant department/school of Tsinghua University.
Official transcripts will be issued after visiting student finishes his/her study at Tsinghua University. Note: the university-level exchange students should apply for Exchange Students on University-Level Agreements/MOUs Program instead of Visiting Programs.
Qualification of Applicants
General Visiting Students: at least one year study at college or higher, HSK (Chinese Proficiency Test) Band 6 or new HSK Band 5 or above.
Materials for Application
(1) The completed Foreigner’s Application Form for Admission to Visiting/Exchange Study Program of Tsinghua University
(2) Original or notarized copy of final schooling certificate and schooling records
(3) Certificate of HSK (Chinese Proficiency Test) Band Six or new HSK Band 5 or above
(4) A copy of the applicant’s passport with photo page
(5) Study plan, recommendation letters from two scholars of associate professorship or higher for applicants of Senior Visiting Students Program
(6) A portfolio of 6 photographic design artworks for applicants of Arts and Design The certificates provided should be the original documents in Chinese or in English, otherwise notarized translations in Chinese or English are required.
1. Application Fee (Non-refundable): RMB 400
- Science, Engineering : RMB 30.000 / year
- Economics, Management : RMB 26.000 / year
- Law, Journalism, Humanities, Social Science: 25.000 / year
- Arts: RMB 40.000 / year
3. Accidental Injury and Hospitalization Insurance (per year): RMB 600
- RMB 80 / day / bed for single rooms and AB rooms
- RMB 40 / day / bed for double rooms in the student dormitories