Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Automation (SJTU Undergraduate Engineering Program)Bachelor
SJTU Undergraduate Engineering Programs in English International students who apply for SJTU’s undergraduate English programs will spend one and a half years at JI. Thereafter, they may choose to continue their study at JI or transfer to another engineering school (in English or Chinese) to complete their bachelor’s degree. Other engineering schools at SJTU include:
The School of Materials Science and Engineering • Materials Science and Engineering
The School of Electronic, Information and Electrical Engineering • Computer Science and Technology
1. High school diploma and above.
2. Non-Chinese citizens who hold a foreign passport and comply with the relevant regulations set by the “Document No. 12 (2020) of Ministry of Education of the PRC ".
3. Physically and mentally healthy.
1. Test Scores
Either SAT (JI code: 6563) or ACT (JI code: 6983) with writing test scores are required. For students without SAT or ACT test scores, please contact International Undergraduate Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you apply with A-level scores, you need to apply with Math A or above; If you apply with International Baccalaureate (IB), you need to apply with Math HL 5 or above.
2. English language requirements
For non-native speakers of English, either TOEFL (iBT, JI code: 6210) or IELTS score is required.
TOEFL (iBT): Total score 84 or above. My best Scores are accepted.
IELTS: Overall 6.0 or above.
Exceptions: You may be exempted from providing any of these exams if your SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing score is 650 or above, or if both your ACT Reading and English scores are 27 or above, and if you have recently completed at least 4 years of rigorous academic study in any of the following countries: Anguilla, Antigua, Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Canada (except Quebec), Cayman Islands, Dominica, England, Federated, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Seychelles, Shetland Islands, St. Kitts-Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United States (other than Puerto Rico), US Virgin Islands, Wales. (Those in American Schools and British Schools abroad may also be exempted if at least 4 years of rigorous academic study has recently been completed if scores meet above standards.)
3. Recommendation Letters
Two recommendation letters are required: one from your high school counselor and one from a core academic teacher.
4. High School Transcripts
We pay special attention to math, physics, chemistry and other related subjects. Please arrange to have official copies of your transcripts in English sent to us by all high schools you attended.
5. Applicants should provide the following materials if one or both parents of the applicant are Chinese citizens:
-Certificate of the applicant obtained foreign nationality at birth or afterward.
-The nationality or household registration certificate of both the applicant's parents (passport or ID card).
- For applicants who obtained foreign nationality at birth, if one or both of the parents are Chinese citizens and have the permanent residence abroad, a certificate of the corresponding permanent residence needs to be provided; if one or both of the parents are Chinese citizens but have not obtained the permanent residence abroad, certificate of the withdrawal from Chinese nationality of the applicant needs to be provided.
- For applicants who were originally Chinese citizens and obtained foreign nationalities afterward, a certificate for the cancellation of their original registered residence in China and the renunciation of the Chinese nationality should be provided.
-The entry and exit seal page of visiting China on the applicant's passport from April 30, 2017, to the time of application.
-The applicant's certificate for studying outside China from April 30, 2017 to the time of application.
6. Financial guarantee proven deposit of not less than RMB 100,000 (or equivalent in foreign currency).
Application Fee: USD 75 or RMB 500 (non-refundable)
Tuition: CNY 80,000/Year
Insurance: CNY 800/Year (The relevant regulations by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China and the Management Regulations for International Student of SJTU require all international students with study duration over 6 months to purchase the Group Comprehensive Insurance in Mainland China.)